One simple yet effective way to help stop the spread of germs is by regularly washing your hands. Regular hand washing, particularly after coughing, sneezing and shaking hands is one of the best ways to eliminate germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs to others. It’s quick, it’s simple, and it can keep everyone from getting sick.Eating the right foods will help support and maintain a robust immune system. Add some of these delicious choices to your meals to boost your immune system:
- Load up on sunflower seeds! They are not only rich in vitamin E but also the seeds help your immune system create antibodies that bind to viruses and then assist your body in eliminating them.
- Red bell peppers are a top source of vitamin C. Cup for cup, they have almost double the amount of oranges. This is essential for cold fighting and fatigue since it helps your body make the white blood cells needed to battle an invading infection.
- Blend wheat germ into your smoothies for a dose of zinc. Studies show that this mineral lessens the severity and duration of colds. Like vitamin C, zinc helps your body produce white blood cells, the frontline soldiers of your immune system.
- Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium. This mineral helps your body make infection fighting cells known as cytokines. Just munching on two regular sized nuts delivers your recommended daily dose.
- Chopped fresh herbs such as basil, rosemary and oregano contain anti-inflammatory, infection fighting compounds that can give your immune system a lift.
- Avocados have disease fighting antioxidants and healthy monounsaturated fats which help your body absorb immune boosting vitamins.
You may also want to consider an Immune Booster IV to enhance your weakened immune system. This IV has high dose Vitamin C, B12, B Complex, B6, B5, Calcium, Magnesium, L-Glutathione, Zinc, Selenium, Copper and Manganese. We welcome you to stop by the iVitamin Bar at Utopia Wellness, hop into a comfy massage chair and boost your immune system today!