Juicing for Allergies offers many life-enhancing health benefits including a more efficient way to absorb immune boosting nutrients naturally found in fruits and vegetables. Juicing is the fastest way to get these great nutrients into your bloodstream and give your body an alkaline boost.
Juicing is also a great way of relieving allergies. Some of the most powerful vegetables that restore health and balance are: parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger root, and garlic. Combine these vegetables with alkalinizing fruits such as lemons, limes and apples and you will have a juice containing wonderful anti-inflammatory agents that can help relieve symptoms from seasonal allergies.Here are some great reasons as to why you should include these vegetables and fruits to your juicing regimen.
- Parsley helps to inhibit the body’s release of histamines reducing sinus swelling and congestion.
- Celery is a great source of calcium and magnesium; celery has a calming effect on the central nervous system. Celery’s strong water removing powers helps to eliminate excess fluids from the body.
- Cucumbers are 95% water which keeps the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
- Gingercontains compounds that are anti-microbial which inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi. Ginger has also been shown to activate an important part of the immune system.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic that wards off infections, viruses and even allergies. Juicing two raw cloves of this powerful antioxidant will fight off all types of allergies because it boosts your immune system and helps us to breathe better.
- Lemons and limes contain remarkable phytochemicals that are high in vitamin C and anti-oxidant properties. They are potent detoxifiers with an antibiotic effect that is protective against bacteria.
- Apples assist in cleansing out the system and acts as an anti-septic, diuretic and detoxifier.
When juicing, a good rule of thumb is to keep your ratio, three vegetables to one fruit. That being said, feel free to add a little extra of whatever fruit or vegetable you prefer in order to make it pleasing to your taste buds.
When taken regularly during allergy season, these freshly juiced fruits and vegetables are the quickest way to reduce inflammation while hydrating your body and drenching your cells in life giving nutrients.